Please read ALL the information below to make sure you have the BEST Getaway experience!
- It is recommended that you arrive at the Retreat during daylight hours.
- Check-in is 4pm and anytime after 7pm is considered a late Check-in.
- Dinner is at 5:30 and after 6:45pm, no food is available. The closest restaurants are 30 minutes away.
Arrive Saturday, March 23 - Depart Friday March 29
Sedona Mago Retreat Center, 3500 Bill Gray Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336
Getting There & Transportation
Here are driving directions to the Retreat. If you use GPS, enter 700 N. Bill Gray Road, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, this will give you the correct turn off. Please click and read the all information on the directions page.
Print or download the directions if you are using your phone maps app as the cell signal is spotty out there.
The most convenient airport is Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) which is about 2.5 hours from the Retreat Center. Keep in mind the above info about check-in times and dinner schedule when booking your flight.
Shuttle from Airport
Transportation from the airport by shuttle can be arranged ahead of time.
We recommend AZ Shuttle Select from the list of recommended shuttle services the retreat has on their website. It is a woman owned business and the gals who used them were really happy... Plus, the owner is a hoot! Private or shared rides are available.
Or Book Online: https://azshuttleselect.com/
Please use only these recommended Shuttle companies.
Other things to know...
Sedona Mago has updated their COVID19 policy as of April and they no longer require a negative test to check in. They will, however, take your temperature upon arrival and if your temperature is elevated, you will need to take a COVID19 rapid test. Mago has tests available, if you do not have one, at a cost of $20.
Obviously, if you have symptoms, have tested positive for COVID19 or were exposed to someone with COVID19, please do not travel. Mago also has a cautious quarantine policy and if you have tested positive for COVID19, they recommend a 10 day quarantine before coming to Mago.
Please read their complete Policy on COVID19.
Sedona Mago has an Arrival Packet that contains lots of pertinent information. It goes into more detail about the property, meals and other things you need to know. Please read it to get the full description of how your stay at the Retreat Center will go.
Click below for a PDF of the Arrival Packet.
What to Pack & Expect
There will be walking...
The property layout does call for quite a bit of walking and you can expect to walk at least 1 to 1.5 miles daily. So comfy walking shoes are in order!
The average high/low temperatures for March: Highs 69 / Lows 40 and usually 5 or so days of rain for the month.
What to wear
- Lots of layers, layers, layers and a way to stay dry!
- Clothing that is easy to move in and comfortable.
- Socks and slippers - think wood floors and removing your shoes.
- Warm jammies if you tend to get cold at night AND... the rooms are heated and air conditioned.
- Slip-on shoes are recommended as we will remove our shoes before entering meeting rooms.
- Modesty in dress while in public areas, exposed belly buttons, backs and midriffs is discouraged.
What to bring
- Toiletry items - Rooms come with towels, body soap, shampoo and conditioner. You should bring any other toiletry items that you need.
- Hair Dryer and hair products.
- Flashlight - All paths are lit, but at night you may need additional lighting to ensure safety while walking.
- Journal - A journal will be needed for a few of the sessions AND it is a wonderful tool to keep a record of your reflection and inspiration.
- Bug Repellent - There may not be any in the cold, but...
- Protection from Sun - Hats, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended items to protect you from the strong UV rays that are typical year round.
- Water Bottle - It's the desert! There will be plenty of filtered water available.
- NO Swimsuit - The pool is currently closed for renovation.
- Cash for tipping Health and Beauty Practicioners.
Also, check your favorite Weather App for the actual Temps as we get closer.
If you have any questions, please email Susan... [email protected] OR Call her at 972-360-9694 (option 2)